Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike717
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Canon 1Xmark II vs. Canon GX 1 and Sony RX100 III
6 months ago

I’m looking at the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II to accompany my Canon 7D. The sample images on dpreview.com looked great with the 1.5” sensor. I also like 24-120 focal lengths versus the 24-70 Sony RX 100 III.

The RX 100 III is very popular I “think” due to its small size with excellent IQ. The sample images on dpreview.com for both cameras are excellent.

Is the IQ for both cameras very close? If the Sony’s mirror less small size is the main selling point, I’ll go with the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II. I’ve always heard great thing regarding the Canon G cameras.

What I don’t understand is why Canon dropped the pixel size to 12 pixels from 14.3 on the G1 X. If the IQ is extremely close, the G1X at $549.00 is a great price. I’ve tried comparing images on dpreview.com.

I do see the Mark II has a slight increase in optical zoom and an articulating sreen. My main question is the IQ between the 2 G's very much the same. Also, I do shoot in RAW for the most part.

Thanks,

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow