Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mark bausman
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
High School CIF Masters track meet
6 months ago

Last Friday night I was given a media pass to photograph the CIF Souther Section Masters track meet. The athletes who qualified go on to compete this weekend in Clovis, CA.

I arrived early to find the pole vaulting already under way. To see so many top high school athletes compete was exhilarating. In thanks for the media pass I offered to photograph what was needed. I covered the discus portion. It was a good and tiring shoot. Six hours of shooting ending at 9pm.Needless to say I slept good that night.

The backgrounds were so distracting. I decided to convert this to B/W to see if it would help to focus on the athlete.

The young lady, Los Alamitos' Mackenna Howard, goes on to the state meet. Throwing the discus 50 feet, 2 1/2 inches.

I was not aware that the discus athlete would lift off the ground at the endof his throw.

Never turn you back or chip in the discus area. This little plate could take you out.

Most of the vaulters were at or above 15 feet.

-- hide signature --

thebaus

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow