XF18-135 pricing

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,420Gear list
Like?
Re: XF18-135 pricing
In reply to marvin t martian, 4 months ago

Hi,

It seems to me that there are a lot of views about the appropriateness of a rumored price of a lens that hasn't been released yet.........Not a single sample has been sold or an image taken.

The real issue is whether it delivers excellent IQ for the price.  I have a general mistrust of zooms with an extended zoom range, but I'm prepared to give Fuji the benefit of the doubt until reports come in from owners and professional reviewers.  Having said that, I doubt I'll change my kit.  I'm happy with the 18-55 and the rumored 90mm f2 would probably complete my line up if it actually happens.

I guess this 'travel zoom' is about offering options.  A lot of people like them.  Whatever the price is as a separate purchase, you can bet your boots it'll be offered as part of a kit at an attractive discount.  It's that kind of lens and a kit buy will appeal to exactly the buyer who seeks a one-lens solution.......

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow