New to Fuji, help me decide: X-E1 vs X-E2 vs X-T1?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akin_t
Senior MemberPosts: 2,758
Like?
New to Fuji, help me decide: X-E1 vs X-E2 vs X-T1?
5 months ago

So I just sold my Canon 7D and lenses because I need a smaller system. I was leaning towards the X-T1, but am not fond of the rear button layout and articulating LCD. If the X-T1 had the rear layout of the X-E1/E2 it would be the perfect camera in my opinion.

I have read that the X-E1 produces better JPEGs than both the X-E2 and the X-T1 ... I'm a serious shooter, but in all honesty, at this point I don't have time to play with RAW files to get decent shots. I will love a camera that has excellent OOC JPEGs.

I don't shoot sports, or any kind of action. I'm a landscape/people shooter. I've done some research but maybe not enough.

I'm honestly leaning towards getting an X-E1 and a couple of great XF lenses (I may replace the X-E1 with an updated body down the line).

XF lenses I'm interested in are XF 55mm f/1.2, XF 23mm f/1.4, and XF 16-55mm f/2.8 (once it's out).

Is there any reason I should rethink my choice of camera body? Is there any reason I should just spring for the X-T1 over the others?

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow