Need Advice on Landscape!! Forthcoming Day trip.

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Contributing MemberPosts: 690Gear list
Need Advice on Landscape!! Forthcoming Day trip.
Jun 3, 2014

Greetings People!

I am seeking advice from people who do a lot of Landscape.

I am going on a day trip to Sekinchian near KL come saturday, morning 7 to 12. It is the local Paddy harvest season.

Lots of golden stalks and golden medows I presume, also a lot of machinery.

I expect the light to be harsh, and the land mostly flat with very little contour..

As I am doing this for the first time, would appreciate any tips and tricks for landscape photography. I am new to this. I always shoot manaual and any setting suggestiosn would be welcome.

My Gear EM1+EM5, 12-40 f2.8, 75-300mmMKII, 50mm Pentax SMC 1.4, Oly 60mm Macro.

I expect to be using the 12-40 most of the time. the 75-300 will be on the EM5, for birds. I might go to the 50mm but depends on the need. I have bought a Benro Monopod for additional stability. I was thinking of getting a 10 stop ND Filter but decided against it for now.

Any suggestions for camera settings and anything else that might come to your mind and might help me would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well."
-- Zig Ziglar

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +7 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow