Need Advice on Landscape!! Forthcoming Day trip.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
R V C
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
Need Advice on Landscape!! Forthcoming Day trip.
2 months ago

Greetings People!

I am seeking advice from people who do a lot of Landscape.

I am going on a day trip to Sekinchian near KL come saturday, morning 7 to 12. It is the local Paddy harvest season.

Lots of golden stalks and golden medows I presume, also a lot of machinery.

I expect the light to be harsh, and the land mostly flat with very little contour..

As I am doing this for the first time, would appreciate any tips and tricks for landscape photography. I am new to this. I always shoot manaual and any setting suggestiosn would be welcome.

My Gear EM1+EM5, 12-40 f2.8, 75-300mmMKII, 50mm Pentax SMC 1.4, Oly 60mm Macro.

I expect to be using the 12-40 most of the time. the 75-300 will be on the EM5, for birds. I might go to the 50mm but depends on the need. I have bought a Benro Monopod for additional stability. I was thinking of getting a 10 stop ND Filter but decided against it for now.

Any suggestions for camera settings and anything else that might come to your mind and might help me would be appreciated.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well."
-- Zig Ziglar

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow