Have you gotten better as a photographer?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mooshoepork
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Have you gotten better as a photographer?
4 months ago

Not directly related to Fuji x of course, but I was thinking about this the other day.

I think because of the weight and size, I take my camera to more places. Usually just my x100s. But sometimes my X-T1 too.

It's hard to gauge if you've improved sometimes. I look at a lot of my old photos taken with my Canon gear and still really like them. Sometimes the newer work I do seems a bit stagnant.

I recently took a couple of impromptu pictures of my fireplace. Nothing special, totally unplanned and not for the purposes for comparison.

and

After I processed it, I was looking through my old photos from when I first got a DSLR (Canon 550D)

Not a perfect example by any means, but when I think about it, I think I've gotten better.

It's a subjective thing of course...but to me I like the Fuji shot a lot better.

Has anyone else experienced this? Work improving or getting worse? I feel it took me a little longer to get used to the Fuji to produce things I was happy with.

Now I'm used to it, I don't think I'll be going back to Canon.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow