Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjwaggoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Why no third party zooms for u4/3?
1 month ago

Anyone else curious as to why sigma or tamron have not made a zoom lens for u4/3? I guess it's the relatively small user base compared to other formats.
I know sigma made some 4/3 lenses but these were designed for aps size sensors I think. I'm a recent user of this format and certainly feel a little underwhelmed with the choice of fast zooms. Seems to me the lack of any form of competition has created a situation where you pay a pretty high premium for a size advantage. Still trying to decide if I want to persue this as a system. I think this is certainly the future of photography (mirror-free) but not sure if I want to pay the premium to be at the forefront. I think my g5 will be quick enough to do anything I want, like my sons sports but the only fast zoom is kinda short for that and quite expensive.
Just something I was thinking about recently. What do you all think?
--
Constructive Criticism is always welcome, however please understand that I am not a pixel peeper.
http://500px.com/tjwaggoner

tjwaggoner's gear list:tjwaggoner's gear list
Olympus E-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony SLT-A37 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow