16 months later: what I miss, what I like ...

Started Jun 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 4,613
16 months later: what I miss, what I like ...

I sold my last of my Nikon gear in February 2013 after - wait ... 27 or so years of shooting with Nikon cameras and lenses. This, if you like, "relationship" doesn't go away in a hurry and now and again I browse Nikon threads (sunnies on, sure...) and wonder whether it would be worth getting another Nikon again. I would find the money for that for sure and had a look at the current offerings.

I use a Fuji X-E2 at the moment with 4 primes, all made of metal, all rather fast (of course DOF equivalents for APS-C sensor...). There is a certain charme in using lenses made of metal and I would struggle going back to some plastic, I have to admit, but again, a certain sft spot for Nikon doesn't go away so easily.

What I like about the Fuji is the form factor (really, really like it!) and the lenses and what I miss is the enormous range of lenses available for Nikon, paired with excellent autofocus!

What I would like is this and I am sure I am the only one, but believe me the Fuji X forum is full of ex-Canon, ex-Nikon, ex-X ... and my guess is that a lot of them will stay within that format and a some wont and the most privileged ones will be able to afford both! So what I would like is this:

Combined with the fabulous 16Mpx D4 sensor and autofocus ...

I for one would actually like the format, if this was technically feasible. And no: the DF doesn't cut it IMO, I would actually prefer the Fuji! One of my favourite cameras of all time is the F3 I had for many, many years, I travelled the world with a 24/2.8 and a 105/2.5, a fabulous combo!

So that combo shown in the photo above with a 24 and an 85 or 105?? Maybe a 35mm as well and an option to use F-mount lenses??

This is not going to happen right?

Deed

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D4 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow