16 months later: what I miss, what I like ...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?
16 months later: what I miss, what I like ...
6 months ago

I sold my last of my Nikon gear in February 2013 after - wait ... 27 or so years of shooting with Nikon cameras and lenses. This, if you like, "relationship" doesn't go away in a hurry and now and again I browse Nikon threads (sunnies on, sure...) and wonder whether it would be worth getting another Nikon again. I would find the money for that for sure and had a look at the current offerings.

I use a Fuji X-E2 at the moment with 4 primes, all made of metal, all rather fast (of course DOF equivalents for APS-C sensor...). There is a certain charme in using lenses made of metal and I would struggle going back to some plastic, I have to admit, but again, a certain sft spot for Nikon doesn't go away so easily.

What I like about the Fuji is the form factor (really, really like it!) and the lenses and what I miss is the enormous range of lenses available for Nikon, paired with excellent autofocus!

What I would like is this and I am sure I am the only one, but believe me the Fuji X forum is full of ex-Canon, ex-Nikon, ex-X ... and my guess is that a lot of them will stay within that format and a some wont and the most privileged ones will be able to afford both! So what I would like is this:

Combined with the fabulous 16Mpx D4 sensor and autofocus ...

I for one would actually like the format, if this was technically feasible. And no: the DF doesn't cut it IMO, I would actually prefer the Fuji! One of my favourite cameras of all time is the F3 I had for many, many years, I travelled the world with a 24/2.8 and a 105/2.5, a fabulous combo!

So that combo shown in the photo above with a 24 and an 85 or 105?? Maybe a 35mm as well and an option to use F-mount lenses??

This is not going to happen right?

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D4 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow