Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gags9999
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
New Camera Advice: a77ii or a7?
2 months ago

Hi everybody. I am writing for some expert advice about buying a new Sony camera. I was previously using Sony a57 which was recently stolen along with 5 of my A mount lenses (left with Sony 85mm f2.8 and 18-55 kit lens). Right now, I am looking at Sony a77ii or Sony a7 to replace the lost camera. I am a hobbyist and normally shoot lots of photos indoors (portraits of friends, playing kids, people dancing in DJ lights) in a relatively low light ambience and rest of my photographs are travel photos (landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, street, night long exposures) where I predominantly use wide focal lengths. I would also like to dabble into some macro stuff later on. The problem is that I just can't seem to decide what to go for. I'd love to get the full frame a7 for its high ISO performance and better IQ but am concerned about the availability and price of lenses, using an adaptor for most lenses, no IBIS and slow AF. I am considering a77ii for its fast AF, IBIS, plenty of lens choices at a reasonable price but am concerned about the low light capability. Though I am not concerned about the size. And then there is a6000 which confounds the situation further for me (cheaper, more lenses, fast AF but not sure about the IQ as compared to a77ii). So, how does the Sony a77ii with a Sony 16-50 f2.8 lens compare to Sony a7 with 28-70 kit lens for my needs? Thanks.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow