Wedding Professionals, K-5 vs K5 II

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
dr_Fell
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Wedding Professionals, K-5 vs K5 II
In reply to mike703, 1 month ago

Thanks a lot !

I thought that lower noise would be possible, if the AA filter absorbed significant amount of light. Then, after removal of the AA filter, manufacturer could lower amplification (and so - noise) for each ISO equivalent.

Most samples show exactly what You have written. I was misguided by some opinions and dpreview "studio shot comparison" - maybe there is some error in the methodology ? IIs seem to be one EV step better than other two versions (in terms of noise). As I have written, more sharpness of the IIs version isn't very important to me. Moreover, it seems that the difference becomes less significant at high ISO - since the finer the details, the more they are degraded by higher noise.

So K-5 II seem to be a better choice for me. (BTW - I will be using the camera for shooting weddings. I am not affraid of moire (removable), but I would go for IIs definitely, if it had one step better noise performance)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow