Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snikt228
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
First hike with the A7
6 months ago

Took the new A7 out on a hike over the weekend. The pictures are mostly just snaps here and there, so nothing fantastic. Overall I'm happy with the camera and kit lens. I notice a huge weight difference on a 5-6 mile hike over my old rig (D7000 + Tamron 17-50).

One thing I wasn't expecting was the EVF was a little harder to use with sunglasses than I thought, and when turning the camera sideways to take a vertical picture I had to take my polarized sunglasses off.

I tried out ISO 50 on a little creek, was impressed I was able to take a decent smooth water picture handheld. Can see this being useful in some situations.

I also learned wide AF setting is fine for pictures like below, but if there are any people in the pictures it really prioritizes the background and rarely focuses on the person even if they are front and center. I guess I need to switch to zone, center or use MF in situations like that.

Snikt228's gear list:Snikt228's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow