Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DimitriDV
Regular MemberPosts: 283
Like?
Sunday walk with (mostly) little bird photos
2 months ago

We finally had a sunny day, so I decided to go out to try my luck at bird photos.

Couln't get into any natural reserve or marsh area, so I had to stick to the little birds flying around the village where I live, hoping to spot the occasional heron or passing cormorant (wasn't that lucky).

The combination of A6000+SEL55210+NikonTC-17ED (1.7x teleextender) proved quite satisfying, but I still had a hard time with flying birds, especially because my targets were so small and fast/unpredictable. Only flying ones I got were a swallow (quite an accomplishment actually) and a bigger bird I don't know and which I saw a bit late.

Time for the pics:

the flying swallow

cute duckling with Momma; is this a Mallard? females are usually light brown no?

bird I don't know which I spotted a bit late (+ first two photos were plain oof)

cat resting in the Sun; used MF for this one, very easy by assigning the C2 button to the MF/AF toggle and C1 to focus assist

chaffinch; heard its name often in common language without ever seeing one up close; very nice colors

this cat was boiling; the magpie behind him was chasing him off by biting at his tail...

what I guess was a starling was having a toilet break right in time to spoil my photo...

don't know the name of this one, but there are many around here; pretty sure i'll recognise it's name

the ugly chick of a common moorhen (mom disappeared in the high grass)

somehow screwed up the iso in this one, but it still came out nice; dad great crested grebe feeding his baby hiding between his mother's feathers

right is a female mallard, left is a strange colored male?

bonus, taken with SEL50F18 and teleextender, giving some additional reach and light sensitivity at 85mm fov

That's it. Will keep trying my luck with birds as it's a lot of fun, whatever the bird species

Cheers,

Dimitri

-- hide signature --

Some photos taken since I bought my Nex-6&A6000 (few with Nex-7): http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimitriv/

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow