Can I please get some feedback?

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,320Gear list
Like?
Caution: Opinionated rant
In reply to JustinB01, 2 months ago

As previously noted, it very much depends on your intentions.

This picture is technically not very good though, so I would suggest that you study both technique and expression. Michael Freeman's The Photographers Vision describes different contemporary positions on photography, it is definitely worth a read if you consider going the art route.

If that is the case, you will get precious little help here. You can get good advice about technicque and about the craft of photography, but beyond that, you are mostly on your own. Many people will not recognise art when they see it, they can't be bothered, they dislike anything elitist, or they use the art label as a disguise for sloppy execution and lack of skills.

When it comes to art, I must say I am quite misanthropic. I often feel like my leg is being pulled and that art has degenerated into repetition of once revolutionary, now quite mundane, picture making.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow