Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamesbond6668
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Super Quality-- Excellent Workhorse Camera
4 months ago

I used this camera for 2 years straight shooting about 3 photo shoots a week, taking about 1000 shots each shoot. This camera never let me down. Well, only once and it was because I added an off brand battery grip and when the cameras' internal battery was out and it went to the one in the grip, the LCD went white and wouldn't come back. The camera was still barely under warranty from Nikon and they repaired it and cleaned the sensor, etc....and I was back in action. Needless to say I bought the Nikon brand battery grip and everything was fine.

This camera was a true workhorse going everywhere in some dusty, dirty, wet conditions and kept on working. All the shots I took with it still hold up with the camera's I'm currently using (D4, Df). The only reason I upgraded to the D4 was the better low light qualities of the D4 and Df. I could have easily just stayed

Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Topaz Labs: Adjust filter, Photoshop. Model: Jessie Cook. May 18th, 2012.

with this camera for a few more years with no problem. I'm addicted to cameras and always want the latest thing, but in this case I should of held on a few more years. This camera doesn't have video mode but then I had a dedicated digital HD camcorder for that when needed. I always carry a good pocket camera that shoots HD video just in case I want that feature.

I highly recommend this camera to professionals or anyone that wants to step up to full frame that want to get excellent results. It was perfectly suited (as is the D4 and Df) to the Nikkor 24-70 2.8, and the Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR lenses......you can't go wrong!

-- hide signature --

www.afreemanphotography
www.slambangmedia.com
find me on FB: afreemanphotography

Jamesbond6668's gear list:Jamesbond6668's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Jamesbond6668's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow