ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcinesser
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
X-E1 + 18-55mm issue
6 months ago

Hey all,

Been thinking of making the switch to Fuji for quite a while now, and finally took advantage of a good deal online last week and bought a used "like new" X-E1 and 18-5mm off Amazon. First, I gotta say, after taking it out over the weekend, I'm very very impressed with the quality for the price I paid, and REALLY enjoyed shooting with the camera.

After a couple days, though, I noticed something that has me a bit concerned. There seems to be a little bit of "play" between the lens and body, rotationally. When you twist the lens, it moves ever so slightly, which isn't something I've ever seen with any previous body/lens combo I've used.

I don't own any other Fuji lens yet, unfortunately, so I can't test a different one to see if it's the body or the lens. Have any of you other X-E1 owners ever experienced this? Does it do it with every lens, or is this common with the 18-55? Is it even really that much of an issue? Like I said, I've never really seen this before, so I'm not sure what effect it can have, but I can't imagine it effecting image quality or anything. Should I return the model and look for a different deal?

Thanks

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow