Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamesbond6668
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Power and Durability
6 months ago

I have had the Canon PowerShot SX230 HS for about 2 years and it's rugged and went everywhere with me. I've even printed some of the shots in a BLURB book and you can't tell which shots I took with my Nikon DSLR's or this camera! The zoom was why I originally bought the camera- 14X which was very good at the time it came out. I mostly used the camera for it's HD video and it never disappointed. It was great in all lighting conditions. Recently I shot video of a girl getting her septum pierced in a small dark trailer at a car show.....I couldn't hardly see a thing but the camera picked it all up as it there was a lot more light. I was pleasantly surprised.

I've used many pocket cameras over the years to take everywhere and use where a DSLR was not allowed. From the 4 or 5 others this one was the only one that I kept and used for 2 years. All the others I would replace after about 8 months or so. This one was always faster on the draw, no lag in-between shots, etc....

The only reason I've recently replaced it with a Sony HX50V is because I noticed some sand must of gotten in-between the lens and the automatic lens cover protector.......and when it closed it must of scratched the lens. Even though there are 4 vertical scratches on the lens it was still shooting clear photos but this did effect the video when shooting with any light coming towards the lens....

Small, powerful, reliable and does what a pocket camera is expected to do. (Better than expected with video!)

-- hide signature --

www.afreemanphotography
www.slambangmedia.com
find me on FB: afreemanphotography

Jamesbond6668's gear list:Jamesbond6668's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Jamesbond6668's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow