Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bruceofOz
Regular MemberPosts: 317
Like?
A55 Random mode changes
4 months ago

I am experiencing a very frustrating isue with a earlyish build A55 and would be intersted to see if there are any other forum members suffering a similar fate. The mode changes randomly after being turned on for a minute or so.

For example if turned on in P mode, which is my most popular mode by far, after a minute or so it electronically changes to full auto, and then to scene mode and the flash pops up. I am being really truthful here, even though it sounds like I am taking the p155...

Turning off after each shot tends to keep things under control and stays in the chosen mode, but wastes time.

Turning the mode dial after the sudden change does not always work, and usually allows only selection of M or one of the scene modes.

Id be intersted to hear if anyone has had similar issues and if so what did they do about it? I guess its a motherboard issue and that means about AUS $520 just for the part.

Looks like a A65 is on the horizon. Pity cause I really like the 55.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow