Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Burnfoot
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Do you use FF alongside M43?
3 months ago

I am a happy m43 user with a G6 and good glass. I used to own a 5d II with 24-70 II and some primes which I sold of mainly because of weight and to some degree the not-so-great AF-system of the 5D II. I sometimes get the urge to once again get a FF camera with just a prime or two. What I can miss with M43 is the ability to really blow out the background when I want to and also the files from my FF days allowed for a lot more postprocessing. I was thinking something along the lines of D610 and 50/1,8G which wouldn't be overly expensive, relatively speaking. I would never switch back to a full FF system with big zoom lenses, it's just too heavy and clunky for my use. M43 hits the sweet spot for the main part of my photography in terms of IQ, weight and size. But basically my question boiles down to if you own or used to own both and what your take on the matter is? Or am I just another GAS victim?! I don't want to start another FF against M43 thread, they both have their strengths and weaknesses but it would be interesting to read about what you guys use besides M43 and why?

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
YesNew
YepNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow