Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greenbeanz
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
Panasonic DMC-G6 Scene Guide/Mode
6 months ago

The G6 has a scene guide offering 23 sample pictures shot by pro photographers. They are as follows

• Clear Portrait
  • Silky Skin
  • Backlit Softness
  • Clear in Backlight
  • Relaxing Tone
  • Sweet Child's Face
  • Distinct Scenery
  • Bright Blue Sky
  • Romantic Sunset Glow
  • Vivid Sunset Glow
  • Glistening Water
  • Clear Nightscape
  • Cool Night Sky
  • Warm Glowing Nightscape
  • Artistic Nightscape
  • Glittering Illuminations
  • Clear Night Portrait
  • Soft Image of a Flower
  • Appetizing Food
  • Cute Dessert
  • Freeze Animal Motion
  • Clear Sports Shot
  • Monochrome

How useful have you found them ? Did you use them initially whilst familiarising yourself with the camera ? I am also interested to know from anyone who has a G5 or owns other Panasonic MFT cameras whether this mode is the same on their model. Personally on the first day I flicked through them and Clear Portrait was genuinely very usable, and I have used it a few times since when in a hurry to just grab a shot. Monochrome is handy for checking shots when you anticipate converting the RAW files to black and white and Clear in Backlight I used once when struggling to set up manually. The others seem a bit pointless. Cute Dessert ? even if you are in the habit of taking photos of your food surely you would use a mobile in restaurants? There also seems to be an absence of actual useful pre-sets for situations that crop up again and again and would aid the new photographer or one seeking to learn more about a new camera. Group Shot would be very handy as would Close up or still life, Landscape even rather than the cryptic Distinct scenery or Bright Blue sky.

-- hide signature --

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” Pablo Picasso
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66891090@N05/

Greenbeanz's gear list:Greenbeanz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow