Which lens (and other equipment) is missing from this group?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
giorgipo
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Which lens (and other equipment) is missing from this group?
4 months ago

Hello, recently bought a Olympus OD-M10 with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ. In the few days I fould this zoom too short and not good at night.

Am going to a once-in-a-lifetime Africa trip with wildlife, landscapes, people. Also, other favourite subjects are my children (portraits, football games, concerts) as well as mountains, cities.

These are the (all Olympus m43) lenses I am getting:

- The 14-150 to be "always" ready without having to change lenses in the dusty Namibian desert.

- The 75-300 for the animals.

- The 9-18 for the landscapes.

- The 45 for portraits.

Now I am wondering which lens I am missing for a "perfect" group of all-situations-covered lenses: the Oly 17(1.8), Panny 20 or Leica 25?? (for low light) (I think I should get the Panny 20... What do you think considering the other lenses in the group??)

Also, I think I need a couple of extra batteries and a couple of 32G Sandisk Extreme Plus SD cards. A home-made bean-bag. A camera case or carry-it-all bag... A tripod (which) or a gorillapod? Anything else? e.g. A polarizing filter, but on which of the lenses might I use it most?

Thanks!!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow