D90 owner and mainly mirrorless shooter now. How much of an upgrade is the 7100 ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,383
Like?
D90 owner and mainly mirrorless shooter now. How much of an upgrade is the 7100 ?
6 months ago

Hi guys

I've shot mirrroless for over two years now, mostly the Sony E and FE mount system (NEX and the new Alphas), but I've always had Nikon cameras, and kept a D90. It's been spleeping in a cupboard, mostly, as I totally love my NEX7 and what it can do, but I had the opportunity to dust the Nikon off these past days, and I must say it still can impress me !

I've decided to get another quality lens for it, the awesome Sigma 50-150/2.8 (that I've had already). Now I gets me thinking, how much IQ leap would I see with the D7100 ? Probably not much, or am I wrong about that ?

Thanks for the help, it would be used mostly as an outdoor action cam, for all my indoor or portrait stuff, the NEX rules

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley.
http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/

Nikon D7100 Nikon D90 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow