Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ngtszhodavid
Contributing MemberPosts: 631Gear list
Like?
Wrong settings, right moment......
6 months ago

Often times I find myself dialing in the wrong settings (mostly too wide of aperture, sometimes wrong ISO, sometimes forgot to switch back not to do bracketing and often times should have moved closer or face more directly with the subject) when taking shots especially with kids and under the sun or travelling

(time constraint, thousand other things to worry about like keeping an eye out on our backpacks, where we need to go next, how much time left, and 'just wanted to get back in the shade asap since it's so hot ;p).

Looking back, sometimes even though i got the settings and technique wrong, I should still be happy able to capture that one moment that means something to me.    Often times after I realize I got the setting wrong, it's super hard to replicate or ask my subject (wife and son) to re pose again, as the moment will just be gone.

Feel free to share yours if you wish.

Taken with my D700 (my last trip with the D700)

not sure why i was using F2

probably should have moved myself to the left, and not sure why i used F2.8 either

ngtszhodavid's gear list:ngtszhodavid's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow