Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brett39532
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Help choosing new lense
6 months ago

I am looking into getting a new lens and would like some feedback and help on what you guys think the best option would be for me. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D3100. I have a few lenses the nikon 18-55 kit lens the 55-200 vr f4-5.6 and a 50mm f1.8. I currently mainly use my camera to take pictures of wildlife and boats on a boat. I am normally always in a high humidity place near lots of open water and things no so friendly to electronics. The key factors to me are not having to change lenses to often. I often use the long range from 150-200mm. I am looking for a good option to suit my needs but i am far from a professional photographer. I have no intentions of going to FX format anytime soon and i don't think the i need a constant F2.8. Most of my photos take place during the day and if i need something for low light i will switch to a prime lens. So after all of my blabbering please help me choose the best option for me my budget is around 1,000 USD.

I am currently looking into the following options below

Sigma 24-105 F4 (For all around walk around lens getting pictures on the boat)

Nikon 28-300 f4-5.6

Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6

Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6

If anyone has any other lenses i should look at please feel free to post your options below.

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow