D800 vs Cannon 5D Mark III for beginner

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikon0
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
D800 vs Cannon 5D Mark III for beginner
6 months ago

I am a beginner who knows very little about photography, but I do want to take very good photos. Right now, I leave my camera on Auto or Program mode 95% of the time. The other 5% is when It tested what the other settings on the dial do.

I plan on eventually taking photography classes, but that's at least a few months to a year away.

So right now, I want to get a full-frame DLR. I know the D800 is slightly newer and has a higher pixel count, but the Cannon has been well reviewed and the body is actually more expensive. Between the D800 and Cannon 5D Mark III, which would allow me to take better photos right now?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D610New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow