Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr Paul
Contributing MemberPosts: 710Gear list
Like?
C/C high ISO and conversion, jazz in bad light
1 month ago

A friend had her first jazz gig and it was in a little coffee shop with NO direct lighting on the musicians. So, I cranked it up to ISO 6400, which got me to 1/60th or so with my 80-200 at 2.8. Better with my 50 1.8 of course.

Here is one I worked on with Capture NX2, and then finished up some corrections with Elements 9 (healing brushes are somewhat better on the latter, or at least with my experience.) Did some selective correction on his eye to get it lighter, and other places. Getting somewhat closer to understanding CNX2, but would like some feedback at this point in my process. Thanks.

Posting the original in color below for reference. Please forgive the color intrusion.

Shot with D7000. If you are mean enough and tell me how I just cannot expect to shoot at that high of ISO with that camera, maybe I can show my wife and she will see how much sense it makes for me to upgrade to a D610, Df, or. . used 700. . . ? OK, never mind, I still am not close to exceeding this camera's abilities. I know. . . I know. . .

-- hide signature --

Paul K

Dr Paul's gear list:Dr Paul's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow