Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Derma pro
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
View finder debris
1 month ago

I have a nikon D5100 4 months old and approx 600 shots the majority of which were indoor. I minimally changed lenses under strictly indoor conditions and usually very rapidly without leaving the lens opening open more than 3 seconds.
I doubted about presence of pin point dot at 12 o' clock and made little blowing of the mirror and the AF screen very gently. Unfortunately I noticed some little cloudy effect after. I went to the local dealer. He made some blowing and swab the mirror and the AF screen. The cloudy spots disappeared but a new dot which is larger than the original onè I tried to remove. I was told it is up in the pentamirror area which may need opening the camera to clean or replace the view finder!
The photos when viewed on the laptop screen 100% do not show this dot. After receiving the camera the dot moved from just to the right of the upper middle focus point to a little below this focus point approx between it and the central focus point.

Derma pro's gear list:Derma pro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow