ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kdambay
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Upgrading from D3000
6 months ago

Hey folks,

I will include the TL;DR version at the top (I've always wondered why people put this at the BOTTOM of their posts)

Lacking in D3000

- Slow, frustrating auto-focus

- no video

- Somewhat limited control, now that my photography skills have improved

Cameras I am Mainly Considering

D7100, D7000, D5xxx(maybe?)

Long Version

I've been trying to decide on a camera upgrade for some time, and have used this website quite a bit to get peoples (very) varied opinions.

I've had the D3000 for about 5 years, and I want to upgrade to something that, among other things, can record video. I feel as though I've outgrown the D3000, and want something that can provide superior image quality and more direct control of camera settings. I wouldn't say my photography is categorized in any one particular area.

I've been using my Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 lens quite a bit, and really enjoy the quality of photos that I can achieve with it. The only other lenses I have are the kit lens (18-55 f/3.5-5.6), and the Nikkor 55-300mm.

I've been reading alot lately about the D7100, and trying to decide if I can justify the extra cost over a D7000. I haven't had the opportunity to use any cameras beyond my D3000, so its difficult for me to compare personally.

I haven't read too much on the D5xxx series, though several people have recommended it to other people over the D7000.

I would appreciate suggestions on what cameras I should consider, and please feel free to ask me any questions, if there is additional information I can provide that would be helpful. Thanks folks!

Kevin

Nikon D3000 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow