ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Denton Taylor
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?
Portrait C&C requested
3 months ago

Hi all:

I've been practicing, and I'm getting pretty happy with where I am. But I know there is always room for improvement, so I wonder if you have any suggestions. This was a young girl, an aspiring model, and we did a loose 'vintage glamour' theme. Hired an MUA and my wife emptied her closet. lol
I'm working with some constraints, mainly that I'm in a small NYC apt. So, I have 8' ceilings, and I don't have enough room to blast out the backdrop to pure white.
The main light is a medium Photoflex Octodome, with two 600EX-RTs. The fill is a single 600-EX-RT in a 30" Photoflex umbrella. I'm using a hairlight at camera left all the way against the background, and as high as possible, it's another 600-EX-RT in a Westcott RapidBox strip box. I'm illumiinating the background with a pair of Nikon 80-DX's (cuz now I'm out of 600EX-RTs), optically triggered, at 1/8 power, which is as bright as I dare given that the model is only about 6' from the backdrop and I don't want any spill.
I selected and converted the background to pure white in PhotoShop, and then I brought them into Portrait Professional to do the skin and stuff.
Canon 5dmkiii, and the 50 1.2L for a couple, and the 100 2.8L macro for a couple. I find the 100 2.8 focuses better and faster than the 1.2L.

-- hide signature --

www.dentontaylor.com

Denton Taylor's gear list:Denton Taylor's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +20 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow