Yosemite Bobcat

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
1elementin7groups
Regular MemberPosts: 299Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite Bobcat
In reply to Whorty1970, 6 months ago

Whorty wrote:

"As for US, we were thinking Yellowstone would be where we would head to for wildlife ... any advice on when to go, and where to stay?"

Attempted answer:

It has been years since I was at Yellowstone and I stayed in my trailer at a camp spot. The lodge is nice but probably expensive. Just expect to drive for long stretches to get to different areas of the park. From my last trip I would think you should be able to see moose, elk, bison, swans, bighorn sheep and maybe wolves or bears in a single day if the timing is right.

I think others on this forum have been on more recent trips to Yellowstone and should chime in.

Also, bring your wide angle lenses, Yellowstone has some of the most breath taking scenery you'll find anywhere.

Your African images are superb! Wow, I'm retired and an African trip is out of my budget but what an experience to be that close to those animals! Great job and thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --
 1elementin7groups's gear list:1elementin7groups's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow