EM1: Can I see the exposure LIVE (or half pressing) through the EVF?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
luisflorit
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,973Gear list
Like?
EM1: Can I see the exposure LIVE (or half pressing) through the EVF?
6 months ago

Being a DSLR user for several years, I was waiting to go m43rds for a long time, one of the main reasons was the EVF. I always hated to have to review in the LCD the pictures I take. I do mostly wildlife, and I've lost uncountable many pictures due to wrong exposure. WIth my old FZ50, horrible EVF by today standards, I virtually never missed the exposure, since half-pressing the shutter shows me what will be recorded.

Now, I got an EM1 expecting for the same. Indeed, in M mode, I see live the exposure in the EVF, even without having to press the shutter. Neat!

However, in A or S modes, this is not the case. It always shows the same exposure. It makes sense, you would say, because the camera compensates. Not quite: the camera cannot close the lens beyond the min aperture, so you can have underexposure. Yes, the exposure/aperture blinks when it can compensate, but you don't see this in screen. Even worse, it does not tell me even how many stops I am off.

Is there any way to tell the EM1 to show me the wrong exposure in A/S modes like in M mode? I run over the whole manual already, and I only found was in Menu > Gears > D (ix) LIVE VIEW BOOST, that I set to OFF.

Thanks!

L.

-- hide signature --
 luisflorit's gear list:luisflorit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow