ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albert Silver
Contributing MemberPosts: 603Gear list
Like?
C&C: Lean on me
1 month ago

Hi,

I am learning (everything) so bear with me. After about two years with a DSLR, I have come to understand just how little I understand about a good picture, and I am not content to let things stay that way. Right now I am going through one of the video courses by Ben Long at Lynda.com, and the topic is Black and White, which I am watching simultaneously with Composition.

I was walking past a major hotel (made of bright white stone) and while trying to see if I had anything, just trying to find points, angles, and lines (my current focus), a bored chauffeur leaned on the statue and I captured it thinking black and white. I'd have tried to work the composition better, but after two clicks, he moved away, and that was that. I figured it would still be a good exercise in working B&W post. I am sharing the plain greyscale conversion, with no modifications whatsoever, and my post. The post was not a simple filter or automated anything, and underwent some 4-5 layers for what it's worth.

Plain greyscale conversion

Black and white PP result

Final crop with more focused frame

I have not checked to see if the EXIF appears correctly, but if not, it was taken with a Canon 650D (T4i) and Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 VC

Albert Silver's gear list:Albert Silver's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF)
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow