Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emilyz
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
EVF frustration!
2 months ago

Took my newly purchased A77 (original version) on vacation and ended up struggling with the EVF. The worst challenge were the most common travel memento shots -- a person standing in front of some brightly lit landscape. While DRO, HDR or/and fill-in flash took care of high contrast situation, I simply could not see the expression on the person's face -- it was all black in the viewfinder. Tried to increase the EVF brightness, change the live view setting effect to off, but neither helped. The only thing that 'sort of' worked was to keep the view setting effect on and turn the exposure 3-4 stops too high for framing, then turn it back to normal for the shot. The problem with that trick is, of course, that by time I turned the control wheel back, the expression changed. Before I toss this camera from a cliff, can someone offer a hint how to deal with this challenge?

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow