Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jodaboda1
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
HELP choosing a 400 w/s head LIGHTWEIGHT with battery power
4 months ago

I'm looking for a very portable system with a battery pack that I can put on a belt and very lightweight head I can put on a "stick" and hold up and point in various directions.  Should be 400-800w/s.

I'm currently intrigued by a Norman system that's 400w/s.  I'm open to ANY suggestions, but really want lightweight, good battery quality (and user-replaceable without obscene pricing), and good quality bulb (again not crazy replacement pricing).

Also looking at the Jinbei Discovery 600, Lencarta Safari Li-on, Godox EX600-- stuff like that.  The head being lightweight is more important than the battery being lightweight.

I'm all manual, so don't need anything fancy in terms of ttl, digital display, whatever.  I'd like a simple rotary knob for output, preferably with several (5+?) stops adjustability.

Very new to this type of gear.  I've only used speedlights for the last few years, and just need more power (and fewer lights and batteries to deal with).

thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow