Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
dad_of_four
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,381Gear list
Like?
Re: How was this footage captured?
In reply to Sean Nelson, 4 months ago

Sean Nelson wrote:

lefkop wrote:

i actually enjoyed watching this video, it was done very well.

I agree, and I think this is a terrific example of why wedding photographers who aren't expanding out into video production should be worried. If your friends are showing your their wedding photos, wouldn't you rather see this engaging production instead of a bunch of static images? I think this holds interest and is much more enjoyable than the equivalent time spent looking at stills.

This is a definite case of personal preference.  I'd rather look at still photos, and examine the details, than to watch the video, yet again. With stills, you can flip to a specific photo, and discover the story it tells,  With a video, you need to fast-forward, find the scene, and watch the story someone else told.

I will also note, over at dvinfo.net, there is a thread about how a lot of brides are forgoing video in favor of photos.

dad_of_four's gear list:dad_of_four's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D2Xs Nikon D700 Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow