Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gollan
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
D7100 and Power Inverters - an Answer and a Question
5 months ago

I recently experimented with an inverter to charge the Nikon EN-EL15 batteries for my D7100. The inverter produces a modified sine wave and there was some question of it working with the Nikon MH-25 Charger. I can report that it does work and charges in the usual time, however the charger stops when the battery reaches around 84% of its nominal capacity. This is fine for my purposes.

My question is about the use of a modified sine wave inverter with the EH-5b AC Adapter to power the D7100 continuously. Have your tried it? Does it work?

I know that I can use the Nikon MB-D15 Multi Power Battery Pack for extended battery life, but my other equipment will require 12VDC anyway, so I’m looking to make use of it for the camera.

Gollan's gear list:Gollan's gear list
Canon ELPH 100 HS Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Samyang 10mm 1:2.8 ED AS NCS CS +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow