Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,984Gear list
Like?
Community Challenge: Just One Photo in May
6 months ago

As promised, I made sure to get this thread in on time this month!

If you are new to this challenge, or need a refresher on how it works, see any of the last months' threads (January, February, March, April).

Per usual, I'll kick it off:

This past month has seen a lot of firsts for me, especially in the world of photography. I have taken the plunge into off-camera lighting to give portraits more punch and possibility, shot my first wedding (previously posted story here), shot my first engagement session, and stayed up into the early morning hours of May 24 to get a shot of the one-off Camelopardalid meteor shower (or, as it turned out to be for most viewers, more of a sprinkle). I have an hour-long exposure from that night that I enjoy, and would share here if only the streak captured in the photograph was undoubtedly a meteor. However, some advice from other astrophotographers suggests it's only a satellite, so that photograph is a no-go for here.

So, instead, I'll share my favorite shot from the other more recent first, the engagement session. This photograph took a lot of careful positioning to get the angle right, to juxtapose the couple in front of a statue fountain, and to time the fountain's random spurts to get a nice bokeh effect from the chaotic drops. In addition to the other shots, the couple and I both are happy with what turned out:

Nikon 200mm f/2 AI-s ED wide-open

As usual everyone, post your best!

matthewdurrphotography.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow