Has anyone with the Sony FDR AX100 noticed this?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hzmeyer
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Has anyone with the Sony FDR AX100 noticed this?
4 months ago

Last night I videoed my second stage play. I wasn't too happy with the first one as the actor's faces were overexposed and I could not seem to bring the exposure down enough. After playing with the settings I thought I had found a solution. I'll run through my set-up procedure so you can see if I made a misstep along the way.

- touch MENU

- touch CAMERA/MIC

- touch SPOT METER/FCS

Then I touch an area of interest and it comes into focus with the proper exposure. There is an OK in the upper left corner so I assumed I was supposed to touch that to verify my selection. When I do, I can no longer focus or change the exposure. CLUTCH. Everything is now grossly out of focus and way overexposed. Should I stop the play- it was a small crowd this night- and say I'm having a technical problem? Reason prevailed and for some stroke of luck the focus slowly came back, then the exposure. I know now NOT to touch the OK if I want to use the touch screen to focus and adjust exposure. But what I don't know is what is the OK for?

A second minor issue is the audio hum. This was apparent in both plays. I took the 100 outside and there was no hum so it appears to be coming from the stage lighting. Has anyone wrapped a mike in aluminum foil to address electrical interference or is it getting in through somewhere else in the audio circuit?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow