Nikon D7100 vs Oly D EM-1

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Gray Drake
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 vs Oly D EM-1
In reply to jimoyer, 7 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

Thanks for stopping back with this post Drake. More often than not, people will show up here (usually with a first post, or very infrequent posters) having done no research on their own, not bothering to search for a question that's been asked 100 times already.....in the last week :-).....then disappear. It says a lot about you that you took the time to stop back with an update/thanks for the people who took the time to offer insight/opinions.

The EM-1 is a great body, and m4/3 is a great system for just about everything shy of sports/BIF/fast action where there are some better choices. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy it and enjoy it even more as you become more familiar with it. The EM-1 is an INCREDIBLY user customizable body that can be a bit overwhelming, but will pay off in HUGE ways for people who take the time to really learn it.

I stopped into a camera shop several times as I was gathering info for my ultimate next camera decision.  The owner suggested I go to DPReview and see what was being said.  This was a great recommendation, and this is a great site.  Since my initial post I have been back regularly and will be in the future.

I will add here my appreciation for your patience with me and my opening of issues that were probably closed a dozen times in earlier threads.

Drake

Gray Drake's gear list:Gray Drake's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow