Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lordbeau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,220
Like?
D800 AF woes.....
4 months ago

Here is my D800 AF problem. It took me a few months to realise that the left AF point was out so I sent it to Fixation who fixed that under warranty. They adjusted/calibrated etc. I still have great differences between VF and LV sharpness using mirror up/tripod etc for tests but anyway, if I focus directly on something (using VF) then probably, it focuses sharply (sometimes it gets it badly wrong but most times it manages). If I focus on something at an angle, invariably it front-focuses. With some lenses it is worth than others. The 28mm 1.8G is hopelessl all round and far softer than my 35mm f/2 but I sent the 28mm to Nikon UK who have "checked/calibrated" etc so I can't complain. When I go back to D300s everything snaps into pin-sharp focus at any angle at all with any lens. The difference in AF precision and reliability between the two cameras is night and day. Yes, one is 12MP and the other is 36MP but it shouldn't be such an extreme difference, surely.

Nikon D300S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow