Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timothye
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
What should I choose?
7 months ago

So I'm looking into buying a camera. My dad is offering his Panny DMC-FZ35 for $100, and I might buy it. However, many features of the camera disappoint me, especially the lowlight (In a medium-brightness room, it requires shutter speeds of a tenth of a second or lower!).

I'm thinking of buying a new camera, not my dad's used one. Right now at Best Buy, the T3 is on for $500 with the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lens. At Future Shop, the T3i is on for $600 with the same lenses.

Should I buy the FZ35 for cheap, or spend $400 more and get a camera with a similar zoom range, but much better in everything, or spend an additional $100 and get the T3i?

Note: I've never had a DSLR before. I've used the FZ35 for quite a while now, and I'm comfortable with it. My high school has 12 T3s, and I really enjoy using those. My main concern is growing out of these cameras. I'm currently in Grade 9, so I don't have much money, but I don't want to buy a camera I will be dissatisfied with in a year or two.

What would you reccomend? Is the T3i worth the extra $100 from the T3? Are the T3 or T3i worth the extra $400-500 from the FZ35?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow