Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveJnerChicago
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
A77II First Shot and ISO 100, 800, 1600
4 months ago

Received mine today and went out to check out AF for BIFS but not much activity at the Pond so I thought I'd try to test if A77II is less noisy than my A77. Not sure if it is a valid test but here are the conditions... these are Extra-Fine JPEGs cropped and Auto sharpened using same settings in PS10. That is the only editing performed. the subject is a bump on a very old log that is over water. I set the A77II in camera noise reduction to Low as this helped out quite a bit with my A77. My only control really was that I used a tripod and tried to keep the exact same focus spot though the 800ISO pic focus seems a bit off. So, for me I am impressed so far. With the A77 I would never shoot above 640 ISO because of the amount of noise generated above that. I am very happy with the A77II 800ISO Pic and really happy with the 1600ISO pic as I, no expert here though, can just start to detect some noise. Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. From what I see I think the A77II is a big improvement over the A77. I've included my very first shot, the Wood Duck just because.

Wood Duck - north pond 053014 Sony A77II first shot

SteveJnerChicago's gear list:SteveJnerChicago's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony 300mm F2.8 G +5 more
Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow