Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jrkahuna
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
My first real test drive of my D610
3 months ago

I got the camera on Wednesday but didn't really get to test it out until today at my boys swim practice. Took about 200 shots, and these are the five I liked best. I know they aren't the greatest. This is my first time shooting all manual and in RAW so I have a lot of learning to do.

My biggest goal today was to be able to freeze the action. I think I did alright.

I was about 30 yards away in an elevated position from where they were practicing. I shot at 200mm

I played around with a number of exposures and landed on 1/800 shutter at f/2.8 and an ISO of 6400.

This was also my first time playing around in Lightroom. So as you can see I have lots of learning to do.

But, one thing I can say is that I love this flipping camera. I am so glad I pulled the trigger and didn't go with the D7100. While there may be better AF out there, this is amazing compared to my D80. There is not a chance I would have gotten even these pictures with my D80.

Any and all constructive feedback is welcomed. Remember, I am a n00b to shooting with a full frame and RAW and working with Lightroom. Take pity.

Jrkahuna's gear list:Jrkahuna's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow