Will future Pentax cameras be connected?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,811Gear list
Like?
Will future Pentax cameras be connected?
7 months ago

If cameras and dslrs in particular are to survive in tomorrow's market, they need to sell to the mass-market. This means that they have to be CONNECTED. My wife won't touch my K5 (too intimidating). She likes the Q, but uses her Samsung phone to take pictures because she can share them instantly.

The thing is, she's not the exception to the rule.

WE ARE.

I believe one should be able to share their pictures immediately from the camera, via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or whatever chat application is "in". This is what's needed:

Step 1: wi-fi and tethering <---- Samsung NX series with Smart-Camera, Pentax K3 + FLU card

Step 2: 3G, touchscreen, internet browsing and phone-like OS <---- Samsung Galaxy Camera, maybe next version of Leica T...

Connectivity is very much a "pro" feature too. A pro could send his winner image to his publication or news agency from the side of the court or from the press conference. No laptop needed, not even a smart-phone.

Given the K3's connectivity features with the FLU card, it looks like Ricoh knows what needs to be done to survive.

Now you know what i think, but what is your take?

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
POLL
Yes, they'll all catch the FLU, from the 645 to the Q. In fact it will be built-in. We'll even see a Pentax with 3G connectivity.
47.4% 9  votes
They'll all be FLU-card compatible. But the flu-card and connectivity in general will remain optional.
42.1% 8  votes
Only flagship models like the K3 will be FLU-card compatible.
0.0% 0  votes
No, this feature will die out. Who would ever want to pay for this?
10.5% 2  votes
  Show results
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NSANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow