Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Prognathous
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,655
Like?
A few questions to A77 MkII owners...
4 months ago

I currently user the original (MkI) A77 and am interested in the new model. I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following:

- Is it possible to select JPEG-only features (such as Panorama or HDR) when the camera is set to RAW+JPEG? If not, how easy is it to temporarily switch to JPEG-only? In the old A77 it can take up to 8 rear dial clicks + more fiddling using other controls and is extremely annoying
- What's the fastest framerate with live view (that is, without slideshow effect)? In the original A77 it's only 3 fps.
- Is the EVF less prone to washout when daylight is reflected off the photographer forehead?
- Is the video still cropped if stabilization is turned off?
- When using magnified mode of a specific part (in liveview, not postview) does switching to MF (e.g. to correct imperfect focus) switch the camera out of magnified mode?
- Is it possible to display the Histogram and Electronic Level on the screen at the same time?
- Is the Histogram displayed while EV compensation is modified?
- Is the "Unable to magnify" bug fixed?
- Is the default magnification in postview useful? How many clicks are required to zoom out? The original A77 uses extreme magnification by default and requires 30 steps (dial clicks) to go from maximum to minimum magnification.
- Is there a way to limit AF to use and display only cross-type points?
- Is CDAF available? I assume not, but want to make sure.
- Does the focus range function (electronic limiter) work with all lenses?
- Does the camera use signal amplification beyond ISO 1000? The A77 only does a digital push.

Thanks in advance,

Prog.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow