Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Old Baldy
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
I'm surprised at the lack of choices - basic features
4 months ago

OK, first off...I fully recognize that the camera does not make the photographer. I'm a very mediocre photographer at best, and a bit of a gear-head at heart, so this discussion is not meant to sound like a complaint about gear choices, as much as it is a surprise (to me) that the camera features that I find important....seem to be so unimportant that very little is available for sale with these features.

These are the 5 basic camera features that I'd hold as generally important for me.

1. Sensor size - APS-C or Full frame, with a short flange distance to allow a decent selection of old MF lenses to be used with adapters

2. Body size - Compact (Mirrorless, compact, small or small SLR sized)

3. Environmentally sealed (for my motorcycle travel where gear gets exposed to the elements)

4. Articulating screen (I'll never go back to a fixed screen, as much of my images is taken from low-down or above head.)

5. Image stabilization in-body (for all the lovely old MF lenses out there)

How many cameras exist with this combination of features?

Answer....ZERO. Not one single camera.

Old Baldy's gear list:Old Baldy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron +35 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow