Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
4thnebula
Senior MemberPosts: 1,610Gear list
Would Like to See Mirrorless ESO M Expand to APS-C and FF
5 months ago

I have started using my Sony a6000 and I love the ease of use (though not as easy to use as Canon menu system) as well as the high image quality (for APS-C), af speed and fps.  I am a Canon user but need high quality images (particularly low light) and really can't wait forever for Canon.

I Called Canon and logged my needs.  Not sure they will listen.  Would love to have a Canon version of the Sony a6000 and a7.   Love Canon colors and my Canon 6D is awesome for lowlight.  However, it is heavy, large and the lenses are heavy as well (am particularly noticing this when I travel on a plane).

It seems the time is past for mirrorless at all levels (APS-C and FF).  Am posting here since if Canon can do a Sony a7 version of the EOS M then they will also do APS-C.  They must be researching this.  The EOS M (though it has problems) has an excellent menu and touchscreen user system (Sony doesn't have this-not even on their new RX100 III).  So, the window is closing rapidly but there is a short period of time (Photokina 2014?).

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Canon EOS 6D RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow