Buying a Canon 70-200 2.8 lens. Need a monopod. Any suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying a Canon 70-200 2.8 lens. Need a monopod. Any suggestions?
In reply to wasserball, 3 months ago

wasserball wrote:

I have not seen any sports photographer using a ball joint type monopod. The pivot is that little pointer at the bottom of the monopod. I used a cheap one to support 13 lbs. Of course it will flex if you don't support the camera and lens like you would a rifle.

Targus Red TG-MP6710 67"

I use a ballhead on my monopod to shoot motor sport I am often pivoting the camera and lens around over a arc up to say 120degrees. I am a amateur, last year at a race meeting at Croft for the British Touring Car championship I was talking to one of the pro's over the fence, he was watching my technique and after trying my gear out said he would be buying a ball head for himself. However I would not buy a monopod for a short 70-200 zoom

These shots are taken using a monopod with a ball head fitted loose for fluid movement

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow