Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
starhash
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
D7000 diy damage - is this repairable?
5 months ago

My tale of woe - the multi-selector (left) button stopped working after a rather wet weekend at a music festival and still wasn't working after plenty of drying time so, being well out of warranty, I decided to take the camera apart today to clean the switch up. All went smoothly at first, I disassembled and removed the backplate to get at the switch and gave it a good clean and put that part back together, and then I decided to check the ribbon cable was well seated and it all went wrong from there - in the process of reconnecting the ribbon from the backplate to main body the flimsy thin plastic on the connector broke up into several pieces exposing the pins. I plan to take it to my local repair centre tomorrow but thought I'd post here in the hope of getting some reassurance that they aren't going to tell me it means replacing the whole circuit board! Wish I hadn't bothered.... :/

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow