Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,466Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax Make A Decent Lens? Unfortunately, it seems not...
In reply to Trevor G, 4 months ago

Trevor G wrote:

Wait till you see the new lens...    Based on its output my thread title is very much on topic.

You know, I wish I didn't have to do this.

I wish that I had received a good quality, new DA50 f1.8 from the CRK service department to replace the one I sent back.

This is what they sent me; another brand new, straight out of the warehouse box.  I wanted to shoot in sunlight and I got my chance today.

I cannot believe this - I have never seen anything like this in a modern lens before.  It is essentially even across the field, but it is very blurred (double image, even) up until f3.5 when it suddenly snaps into sharp focus.

The centre is actually more blurred than the sides - would you keep this crap?  I'm laughing as I write this because I know that I will get some "encouraging" comments from the faithful...

This is a centre crop at 100%:

From f1.8 to f3.2 the image improves only very slightly, but at f3.5 it suddenly snaps into focus. This is the centre, it's much the same as the sides, although they do appear slightly sharper.

How do I go about getting a good copy - keep sending them back? 

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow