Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,278Gear list
Like?
Why Did You Buy A FF Camera?
5 months ago

In the interest of full disclosure, I've never understood why any average guy would buy a FF digital camera and the concept still evades me. I read thread after thread asking if this or that APS/C lens can be used on the a7(x) or complaining about the lack of, or the cost of FF lenses.

Didn't you think it through? Didn't you know what you were getting into? Did you think FF was the magic pill? Are you a just a born again gear junkie? Maybe you're just OCD and it seemed like a good idea at the time?

So, as the title asks: Why did you buy a FF camera?

If the camera is everything you thought it would be and you're totally satisfied I'd like to hear about that too.

Yes, this is a horribly preadjusted post! I understand that. I promise not to be so freaking judgemental in the reply section. I'd love to know what you were thinking when you hit the "Buy Now" button.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow